marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

8/22/04

Been a long time since I've written. Lots has happened, but I really haven't had much of a desire to write. Biggest thing is, after the Colombo tape thing, I got a gig with Paco and Allura doing this English language series of tapes. We do it this week (today si the first official day of recording) and get paid 480,000 pesos for four or five days of work. That amounts to about 550-600 USD$. Pretty cool.

And, I'm also gonna be on a Colombian soap opera, it looks like. They called here last Friday (Today is Wed.) looking for "monos." Rosa let me know. Went on Friday, but was late. Went on Saturday, but the lady I needed to talk to wasn't there. So, I go back today. If they give me the runaround one more time, I'm gonna tell 'em to shove it, though. I just wanted to do it for fun, but it's turning into an ordeal, now. Only gonna pay me 20-25,000 I think, but it should be a cool experience. I think I'm gonna be a businessman or something. We'll see today. Looks like I'll have a speaking part. I'll have to write it all down when i get to the recording studio after the appointment. Bell rang. First class.

5:25 PM -- At the studio. Paco and Allura are in the booth doing a dialog. This whole thing is pretty tripped out, really. Go to the recording studio and work. I feel like I'm making a rock record or something. I can see why bands arent' into being in the studio. We've been here for only a couple of hours and it feels pretty constricting (or is that restricting? Restrictive? Yeah, I'm an English teacher). Pretty strange.

The "producer" sure does smoke alot, as well as drink a butt-load of coffee. He must be Wired.

Finally made it to the TV thing today. They were very "very" Only way to really describe it. How "lindo" I am and all that. They tried to make me out to be some beautiful studpuppet. I mean, it was cool at first, and I kind of bought into it and all -- but I think I've come to my senses. Also said, "This is TV -- I don't need 'feos.' Feos no me sirven" -- when she asked about my friends (if they were gonna come or not). Great, at least I'm not ugly. Did tell me to try and take care of my face -- recommended clearasil, no lie. Didn't feel too lindo after that, I can assure you. Anyway, I go back at 6:30 AM on Friday. Paco might be coming too. That would be cool, I hope he does. He's a real good guy.

Yeah, "Lindo." Whatever lady, I still sleep alone. Sure wish it were true, though.

Oh yeah, there's another girl that's working with us. Lara. From San Diego. She seems nice. I like her. More later, maybe.

5:45 - Oh yeah - ever more. Apparently they dig my voice here. So much so that I'm doing all the extra voices on this thing. I'm the narrator that was my original job. But nwo, it's the customs agent, the receptionist, taxi driver (got to use a New York accent) and I was just a policeman a couple minutes ago. Funny. It's too bad Astrid can't see me now. She always said I should do shit like this. I will say people have complimented me on my voice beofre, syaing I should do things like this. But Astrid (in college) was always way vocal about it. Haven't talked to her in probably a year and 1/2. I wonder what she's up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home