marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

7/30/95

Listening to Pearl Jam live bootleg. It's been turning into that kind of day. Should probably start from the beginning.

Didn't go out last night. Crashed out pretty early, actually. Wake up today, graded some quizzes, and played basketball. Best of three, as usual. We beat 'em in two. Played w/Edgar, Jack, and Jorge. Probably played best game yet. Had 9 of 32 points in first game. Even got a three pointer. Felt good -- felt like I was actually contributing for a change.

Hung out w/George and his cousin for a while this afternoon. The usual, no big deal. got to eat, though. That was pretty cool. Eating is usually a pretty cool thing.

Ate dinner here at home, was told that having homosexuals around children was "dangerous." What?! Did I hear that right? I made a comment, pretty non-threatening, just wnated to make my opinion known. There was alot more I wanted to say, that's for sure.

No mor dangerous than your average heterosexual is what I say. Edgar even said he wouldn't want them around his children. I would expect that from Claudia G., but hearing it from him really surprised me. Hell, it even surprised me to hear that kind of crap from Cecilia. Leila started it -- her ignorance doesn't surprise me. She really gets on my nerves sometimes. But that whole conversation made me feel so distant from them. I feel very alone in this hosue right now -- and everyone is home. Hell, in the teacher's lounge during breaks I feel pretty damn alone, too. I'm in a room full of maybe 40-50 people and I feel so alone. Only person I know of that feels that way.

Still haven't talked to Claudia. I'm so fucking stupid. Now, it's almost like, "what's the point?"
'Sposed to call Nitza tonight. Don't really feel up to it, but I'll do it anyway. Do what's expected of me. I'll just have to keep the conversation down. 10 mins. That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home