marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

6/17/95 - Girardot

Yeah, look this location up on a map. We're probably about 20 minutes (or lesS) from Melgar. Let's talk about heat -- It's fucking hot here. I'm dying. No lie. This heat is killing me, and I'll be here for another two days. I should've known. They're not too into air conditioning down here -- even in the places that need it the most. Like here, for example. Might go jump off a bridge tomorrow, though. That'll be cool. I was s'posed to try and get a hold of George today, but I left the phone number back in Bogota. I hope he's not too pissed. Watch me get back and find the number in my wallet. That would be just my luck.

Lots of things have happened, but haven't been able to get it down on paper. Like last Tuesday (the 13th. How prophetic. Here, Tuesday the 13th is the bad luck day). Only about half the training course makes it to get jobs. Which sucks. George didn't make it -- which kind of sucks except it WAS his own fault. At least he realizes it. Victoria didnt' make it, though - and that's really got some of us upset. She seemed to do everything right, but still didn't get in. We were all sitting around the teacher's lounge going in one by one to Patty's office. We thought we were all going for our class schedules, which I guess some of us were. I got two classes, which is more than anyone else got, but I had a bit of a hard time feeling good about it, considering everything that happened that day. I got home and told Cecilia and Jack, "I'm not a teacher, I'm a Survivor." I think that kind of sums it up. George and I went to hang w/Victoria a couple days later. She's pretty bummed about it. Can't say that I really blame her. Shit, she spent a month at that place only to get cast away. I hope I still get to see her, she's a really sweet girl.

Jesus, it's so hot here. I hope I can make it. I know how wimpy it sounds, but it's also not like I can help it. Your body tells you wehn you've had Enough.

Growing the goatee back. Not sure how I feel about it. I must be fucking crazy. I bitch, piss, and moan no matter what, it seems. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

Sitting here makes me think of shit that I miss. The one thing that tops the list right now are hugs. God, how I miss getting a hug. Besides the day I got here, I don't think I've gotten any. No, I take that back. The two times I've seen Giovanna, she's hugged me. As I've said before, she is definitely the Colombian version of Carolyn -- but not gay. Back to the hugs, I could really go for one right now. I feel like a complete wimp, but I really feel like crying right now.

I also really miss Nitza right now. Feel kind of strange writing that down, too. Fuck it, this journal is for me, not for anyone else. I need to definitely keep that in mind. I also kind of have an urge to go back and read this -- but I think that might make me feel worse. Fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home