marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

6/23/95

In the teacher's lounge right now. haven't much felt like writing lately. I don't think there was anything exciting to relate. Phoebe's got fleas. Whoopee. Actually, feeling kinda down right now. Don't really know why. Things get kinda strange around here sometimes. "Office politics," I guess you could probably say. It's easy to say other people's opinions don't matter. But, they do. Like when certain people ask about my belly ring. They know it's there, they ask to see it, and then they freak out about it. Whatever. If you don't want to know, don't ask. It's kind of like that saying, be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Be careful what you look for, because you just might find it. Almost makes me think of when my Mom would rummage through my room. Still don't know what she thought she was gonna find.

Listening to R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction. Not their happiest album.

12:40 PM

About 20 mins later. Just made a deal w/"Simba" on my own. Sitting on my own at the "usual" 1400 peso lunch pad getting ready for some "crema de pescado" soup. Doing shit on your own in a foreign country has a little satisfaction. Feeling a littel better than 20 mins ago. We'll see how the rest of the day goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home