marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

8/31/95

My students are idiots. Still can't conjugate "to be." Still can't form questions. Not clear on adjectives. We're in the middle of the cycle, and they are clueless. It's not me, 'cause my other Course 1 is doing well. I refuse to spoon feed them.

The TV thing was beat. We had to leave after nine hours, and my speaking part was cut. All we did was hang outside for a wedding scene and film for two minutes. Phony people. Lots of cellulars. Actors snorting coke. At least it was an experience. Got class now -- maybe more later.

In my 10-12 class now. These students are much cooler. I like this class much more.

Oh yeah, if I get paid for the TV thing, I'll be very surprised.

Class is doing the famous person guessing game. This is usually a good day -- don't know why my 8-10 Course 1 bombed so badly. These guys are much cooler. Beautiful students, too. Good-looking bunch o'people.

But, it's weird. There's one kid in here yesterday who didn't know who the President of Colombia was. No lie, I was shocked. Charlie was in here observing, and he said if he didn't see it, he wouldn't have believed it. Unreal. The President has only been all over the news for the past few months (he may have accepted narco-dollars for his campaign last year. Bad stuff.), and the kid has no idea who he is. That is an example of a person who is only into smoking dope and nothing else. No lie.

I think we finish the recording English thing on Friday or Saturday. Getting tired of it, to be honest, but the $$ is good. I can't believe tomorrow is the first day of September. This year is flying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home