marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Oct. 29, '96

Back to what happened at the Fiscalia. The guy was incredibly rude to us. We were there for, maybe, 30 seconds.

"Quien la mato'?"

"No sabemos" blah blah blah.

Very rude to us. When we told him we knew she didn't kill herself, he said "Eso ya sabemos" and closed the door. Real nice guy. I'm starting to get the feeling we may never know what happened to her. My students from the fiscalia tell me that, yes, it's being investigated. But, for some reason, I don't think this guy could care less. I do understand how he needs to be detatched from it, but so fucking rude! We went to see Dona Elena later that day, and she said he's basically treated her the same way. It isn't so important how he treats us, but she just lost her daughter for God's sake! Another thing Stella (the fiscalia student) said was if they feel they can't solve it, they just move on to something that is "easier." Can you believe that? Amazing. Just thinking about it now makes me angry. When Alex and I went that day, we practically couldn't speak to each other. Speechless. I don't know if I've been like that in a long time.

Probably not since my Mom told me about her and Jack, now that I think about it.

But, today, has been good, too. Alex had her interview at the embassy today. She got her visa! We leave on Nov. 21 and return on Jan. 10. Awesome. I'm definitely ready for a vacation.

Looks like I have to record this weekend. Possibly 6 hours. Combined with the four we did last Sunday, I should get 90,000 pesos (before tax). I figure I should probably clear at least 70. All that $$ goes straight to bills. But, at least I'm slowly moving out of debt. Finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home