marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Aug 2, 1996

My student from the fiscalia hasn't returned to class, but Micahel talks to the police today. So we might know something. My hippie-chick neighbor used to investigate for the Fiscalia, I found out. So I'm going to talk to her, too. Have to find out.

Haz's mass was last night. Didn't go. Alex says Dona Elsa has asked about me a few more times. I should probably talk to her. didn't want to go to the mass. Didn't have time (left the studio at 5, rush hour -- the colectivo would've taken forever). Kinda woulda felt hypocritical, too. Not religious. I don't really pray. I don't know. Down here, they're into a huge acknowledgement of death, and I just kinda want time.

Michael is teaching the class right now. He's getting better, but needs to work on some stuff. He'll probably be OK, though. I hope so. One thing's for sure, he's definitely eager. He just told me I'm an excellent teacher, and he wants to pattern himself after me. That's a bit unnerving, but cool nonetheless. It's almost 7:45, class is ending. The page is ending, too. So this looks like as good a place as any to stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home