marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Monday, November 22, 2004

7/11/96

July 11. 7/11. Seven-eleven. That great orange and green hope of convenience in the United States. What they really need down here are some 7-11's.

Students are taking exams today. In the Intro course, I had to kick out two students for cheating. Ironic considering the fact that you CAN'T FAIL THE FUCKING COURSE.

They don't know that, though.

Millos 3, America 0. Millos is at least sub-campeon. After Sunday, we'll know the final results of the Copa Mustang. Great game. Lots of fun. I needed that.

Looks like Hurricane Bertha is gonna skip FL after all. Thank God. One news report had it at 500 miles in diameter and winds around 115 mph. Fucking dangerous. They made Mom evacuate again. I discovered this while trying to call her yesterday afternoon. "Due to Hurricane Bertha, we are under mandatory evacuation. I'm in Orlando, and will return your call whenever I return."

This was not the way to find shit out. Especially in another country. No one, not even the embassy knew squat. When I went to the house before the game, I was needless to say, a bit stressed out. But Mom called the machine, and called the Higueras. Called the hotel she was at in Orlando, and found out the storm had just started to swing north and FL was out of danger. Made me think of the hurricane last year. Erin, I believe. I'm glad it's over. What was gonna be a pretty mellow week turned out to be a little stress monster. It's Thursday, though, and I think the worst is over.

Must get letters written to send with Laurie on Tuesday. Rent is today. Must pay rent. Must pay rent.

I have a cold too. I suffer so greatly.

Looks like I'm gonna team teach next cycle. This means either a) $90,000 pesos more for the cycle or b) 19 hours being made up. Need to think about this. Speaking of $, we were supposedly paid today.

Achoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home