marcuzzi

Journal entries from a book that has already been written. Bogota '95-'99.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

1/7/96

Happy New Year. In the States right now. Got here on 12/21. Haven't really felt like writing. Obvious, I guess. Sometimes I'm so fucking lazy, it can really piss me off.

Feeling pissed now. Ana and her cousin (they're visiting) were s'posed to leave today, but snow in NY is keeping them here right now. I like them both, but they can be seriously demanding -- and Pia (cousin) reminds me of Liliana sometimes. Total hottie, but her attitude can be a bit much sometimes. As for Ana, she's 27 going on 10. She has a serious amount of growing up to do. Her lack of desire to speak English is annoying, too. No effort. I sure hope she doesn't start bitching about not learning enough English. She has no room to complain.

Mom's been a real joy, too. She even has ideas about how I should be doing my job. I don't think she's terribly qualified to tell me about my job, either. She also knows how I should feel about all sorts of stuff. She needs to realize I'm all grown up now. This will, of course, never happen.

It just really pisses me off when people make unreasonable demands on me. For God's sake, I should be in charge of my own life. This doesn't happen so much when I'm in Colombia. Treated more like a person than some thing. I'm not gonna be too sad to be leaving here on Wednesday.

I miss Alex. I think that I would do just about anything to be there now. Only a few more days.

Must start working out again. I could say that'll be my New Year's resolution, but I think that's a sure way of it not happening.

Need to buy a new notebook to keep this journal in. Definitely need to write more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home